- Identify business opportunity, set business direction and guide SBU Managers in the development of business and marketing plans to accomplish set targets.
- Translate business strategy into pragmatic action plans and executions
- Analyze market potentials and develop competitive positioning and pricing strategies
- Develop new services/products and concepts for the assigned market segments.
- Monitor market for the development of new technologies and trends.
- Identify, coach/train and promote future business leaders.
- Draft, negotiate and secure contracts for local and international clients
- Promote the image, capability and integrity of the Company to the clients
- Accountable for and handle any claims that may arise from clients
- Manage pre and post contract commercial issues.
- Ensure that the Group, Country and Division’s Quality Policy Statement and Objectives are implemented, achieved and upheld.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Lead, coach and develop a business oriented team
- Carry out monthly and quarterly review of the division performance; perform gap analysis and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Identify, plan and implement division’s training needs through the SBU Managers and in conjunction with HR
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPI)/Objectives Settings and perform annual and/or regular appraisal on performance (Leadership Assessments) of SBU Managers.
- Monitor the division’s Collections/DSO performance regularly, and discuss/agree with the SBU Managers on required actions to meet/exceed Collections/DSO targets.
- Ensure the best quality of execution, adequate and appropriate work safety provisions and compliance to clients, local, and international regulations.
- Control and manage the business operations efficiently to ensure highest performance and achievement of targeted results.
- College degree in business management or engineering or related field.
- 5 -10 years operational/management experience in Industrial Sector covering certification, verification, statutory inspection and maintenance-related services allied to Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Utilities, Constructions, Heavy Industries and other similar business activities with successful and profitable operations.
- 5 years proven track record of successful management of business and team
- Previous/proven track records in business development successes and achievements in Industrial Services sector will be an asset.
- Able to coordinate and motivate team towards a common goal
- Able to realize business opportunities in conformity to the business strategy
- Technical knowledge and experience in related field and in using management methods and tools.
- Able to work independently and to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Business and profit minded with related technical knowhow. Competitive and profit-driven; re-invents competitive advantage.
- Able to interact with all levels of management, suppliers and clients
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls
- Works well under pressure; challenges status quo.
- Fluent in English and local language
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- Drives and leads with strong people management skills across diversified cultures.
For more details and to apply, please visit: http://www.sg.sgs.com/careers_sg